Indiana 4-H Shooting Sports
The objective of the 4-H Shooting Sports Education program is to teach safe use of archery and firearm equipment while helping youth grow and develop into happy, healthy, and contributing adults. (click here for additional objectives and goals)
Thanks to our many program supporters: Indiana Department of Natural Resources Law Enforcement; Friends of the NRA; National Wild Turkey Federation; and many conservation clubs and councils across Indiana!
Find out about the 4-H Shooting Sports program in your (Indiana) county by contacting your local Cooperative Extension Office via the listing at: county office.
Indiana Youth Participation: 1984 - 2018
Indiana 4-H information:4-H Shooting Sports: 4-H Program overview (2020)
Coordinators Recertification Training, Next session: September 15, 2021, 6:30 - 8 p.m.
Indiana Certification Workshop - held at Ross Camp
- All workshops will be held at Ross Camp in Tippecanoe County.
- Registrations are due two weeks before the workshop IHEA.
- IHEA will provide map and agenda via e-mail
- Note: all disciplions minimum and maximums on the number of participants
- Future Workshop Dates:
- Spring, 2021: April 9-11, Ross Camp
- Fall, 2021: September 10-12, Ross Camp
- Registration: IHEA website (electronic Registration Form & Health Form)
Indiana Policy Statement
Note: Purdue's liability coverage extends to 4-H members and certified instructors only.
Indiana Position Statement
4-H Shooting Sports Youth manual (The Education Store, enter 4-H-950 in the Store Search box) Instructor's Guide, 4-H-1007-W - includes answers to youth manual ID's, word finds, cross-word puzzle, and experiential learning, and poster suggestions.)